The Falcons Soccer Club brings together adult players of all skill levels and orientations for informal weekly pick-up games, organized league and tournament play, and social events with the goal of providing an environment where friendships, fitness, fair play, and fun flourish. The club is co-ed, primarily gay and lesbian, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Falcons have promoted good sportsmanship and a positive social outlet since their founding in 1989.
The Club has represented the Philadelphia region well in the past. Though we are a social club and have members at all levels, the club often rises to a higher level in tournament play and many of our more skilled players enjoy the competition in local leagues and national and international play.
The Philadelphia Falcons Soccer Club is a LGBTQIA+ organization that provides an environment of equality, team dynamics, self empowerment, and recreation on and off the soccer field. Since being founded in 1989, the Falcons has been committed to creating a positive and safe space for adult soccer players of all skill levels, ages, gender identities, and orientations. As a 501 (c)3 non-profit, the Philadelphia Falcons Soccer Club offers informal weekly pick-up games, soccer skills and tactical training, organized league play, local and travel tournaments, and social events.
- Soccer is a game and is meant to be enjoyed in the spirit of play with winning as a secondary goal
- To offer a quality soccer program for all levels of competition
- To provide a superior supporting staff focused on the players
- To provide superior game and practice fields
- To provide a safe, secure, and positive environment for players to learn and play the game of soccer (See by-laws for more information)
- To foster an ethos of sportsmanship, cooperation, respect, and dedicated work ethic of all players involved with the Club
- That quality and long term benefits are more important than short term success
- To making decisions in the club based on what’s in the best interest of the players
- That effective communication to all Club constituents is at the root of any solid relationship
- That the Philadelphia Falcons Soccer Club represents a larger community and works to bridge the spaces between people with an inclusive and positive atmosphere